I tried this bra out this weekend; here’s my review:
I paid $19.00 for this bra online as a special; see above link! I was looking for a sports bra that didn’t give me the all-dreaded “uni-boob” as bad as my previous bra. My previous bra fit well and was comfortable and definitely held things in place, but it really gave me the smooshed-down look.
I’ve done quite a lot of looking in the stores as well as online comparisons. Some of the prices that they charge for these bras are unbelievable….. I mean c’mon, $70 for a sports bra? Damn!
Anyways, I came across this sports bra as a web special on Isis’ website. I’ve never had any of their products before but for $19, I figured I couldn’t go wrong.
I purchased a medium in white. I first put it on and wore it to work. Then I wore it on a day hiking trip and here’s my review:
- The price is fabulous.
- I like the look of the bra
- I like the way you can adjust the straps on it like on a traditional bra
- I purchased a medium. I normally wear a 38 D if the bra runs small and a 36 C if the bra runs big. I perhaps should’ve purchased the large. Its so hard to tell because with sports bras, if you get them too big, they don’t do their job and hold things in place. Anyway, all in all even though the bra is a little “too small” for me, it still felt good most of the day. After 4 hours or so, it really started cutting into me.
- It did give me a somewhat uni-boob. Its better than my previous bra, but not as good as I had hoped for. Would this be better with a size large? Would a size large have held them in place as well, who knew?
- It did keep my girls from bouncing around – which is the ultimate goal here
So the negatives on the bra may be my fault and not due to the bra. I would recommend purchasing this bra while its on sale for $19 if you need a large cup sports bra. Try it for yourself and see how it does. Let me know below what your experience was.
UPDATE 2/2/2014: On one hiking trip last year, I forgot my sports bra and stopped at Wal-Mart on the way down to the trail. I was very worried because it’s important to be supported (ladies will understand this) well. I bought an “extreme” sports bra at Wal-Mart, cost somewhere around $10 and I now prefer it to my Isis bra (s), which I paid a hell of a lot more for. The one I got from Wal-Mart is more comfortable, plus it has the traditional “bra” hook on the back which allows you to take it off and put it on like a normal bra….not having to pull it over the head, which is a big plus. It was a lot cheaper and it’s comfortable enough to sleep and doesn’t dig into you so bad. It doesn’t squash things as bad either. So my Isis sit unused, and I use a cheap bra without better result. Who would’ve ever thought that?